There’s a lot to look forward to for this year’s SummerSlam. Here are some possibilities.
- Shinsuke Nakamura beats the odds and retains the United States Championship– There’s a low chance that Nakamura can keep his title away from the two other challengers in Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton, but Nakamura’s sneakiness can lead him to a victory.
- Dolph Ziggler retains Intercontinental Champion but Dean Ambrose makes return– As long as Ziggler has Drew McIntyre in his corner, losing his title is unlikely. But with both Ziggler and McIntyre likely going to try to ambush Seth Rollins after the match, Ambrose could make his return and help out Rollins. Ambrose has been out since December with his torn tricep, but there’s been rumors his return could be soon, so why not at the biggest Pay-Per-View of the summer?
- Kevin Owens wins the Money in the Bank Briefcase from Braun Strowman– Owens doesn’t stand a chance against Strowman physically in the ring, but Owens is a great schemer and could develop a plan to defeat Strowman.
- Mickie James tries to help Alexa Bliss but Rousey still becomes Raw Women’s Champion– Mickie James will likely try to help Bliss retain the championship, but Natalya could possibly come to Rousey’s aid and fend off James enough for Rousey to defeat Bliss.
- Becky Lynch wins Smackdown Women’s Champion– With James Ellsworth fired and not able to help Carmella anymore, either Lynch or Flair are most likely to win the match but with Flair rusty and Lynch performing very well lately, Lynch has the edge.
- Bludgeon Brothers retain Smackdown Tag Team Belts– No matter who wins the #1 contenders match for SummerSlam, New Day’s chances are slim and The Bar is too rusty.
- The B-Team keep Raw Tag Team Championships but Jason Jordan makes appearance with Chad Gable– The Deleters of Worlds have a great chance of winning this match, but there’s a chance The Revival may be put in this match as well. Jason Jordan has been cleared for some time now from his neck injury and SummerSlam would be a great stage to make an appearance with his former tag team partner Chad Gable, as they had great chemistry together. The Deleters of Worlds may not even be in the match at all if it comes down to a #1 contenders match between them and The Revival, especially with Matt Hardy possibly hinting at retirement from a tweet he posted yesterday.
- Samoa Joe ends AJ Styles WWE Championship run– This match has been way overdue and Samoa is due for a championship win.
- Roman Reigns finally defeats Brock Lesnar but Kevin Owens cashes in MITB and wins Universal Title– Reigns has lost to Lesnar too many times, so it’s about time Reigns finally wins. But regardless who wins, there’s a good chance there’s going to be a successful Money in the Bank cash-in that night.