- Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
Browns could take a quarterback here but they already have Tyrod Taylor and can draft a quarterback that can develop behind Taylor.
- New York Giants- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
It’s funny how everybody was all over QB Sam Darnold earlier this year, but now Mayfield is getting the attention he deserves because he is the best QB in this draft. With Barkley gone, the Giants take the best QB available.
- New York Jets (from Indianapolis Colts)- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
The Jets lose out on Mayfield but still get a solid qb in Rosen.
- Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)- Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Cleveland gets a QB who can develop while Tyrod Taylor starts.
- Denver Broncos- Sam Darnold, QB, USC
Not a big fan of Darnold, but he’s likely going high and the Broncos need a QB.
- Indianapolis Colts (from New York Jets)- Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State
The Colts need a pass rusher and Chubb can do just that.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
The Bucs could use more protection and Nelson is the best player available.
- Chicago Bears- Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
The Bears need to get younger at LB and Smith is the best LB available.
- San Francisco 49ers- Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio St
Ward would be a great CB to pair with Richard Sherman.
- Oakland Raiders- Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Oakland needs an interior presence and Vea helps bring that.
- Miami Dolphins- Lamar Jackson, QB, Lousiville
Ryan Tannehill isn’t the answer at QB, Jackson is a steal if he falls this low.
- Buffalo Bills (from Cincinnati Bengals)-Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St
A reach at this spot, but with the high pick of QBs, Rudolph won’t be available with their 2nd round pick.
- Washington Redskins-Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
Highly doubt he falls this low. Washington gets their somewhat modern day Sean Taylor.
- Green Bay Packers-Derwin James, S, Florida St.
James is another safety that probably won’t fall this far, but this would be a steal for the Packers.
- Arizona Cardinals- DJ Moore, WR, Maryland
Arizona can’t get the QB they want at this pick, but they can find weapons for whoever it’s going to be.
- Baltimore Ravens-Trumaine Edwards, LB, Virginia Tech
Terrell Suggs is getting older, and while Matt Judon is looking like a great pass rusher, drafting the best player available doesn’t hurt.
- Los Angeles Chargers-Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
This seems like a consensus pick if he’s available at this position.
- Seattle Seahawks- Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Seattle gets someone that can fill in for the loss of Richard Sherman.
- Dallas Cowboys- Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Ridley will help replace the loss of Dez Bryant.
- Detroit Lions- Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
Davenport’s draft has been rising lately and the Lions could use another pass rusher across from Ziggy Ansah.
- Cincinnati Bengals (from Buffalo Bills)- Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St
Tyler Eifert is too unreliable at tight end. I think Goedert is best tight end in the draft and this would be a great pick for Cincinnati.
- Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)- James Daniels, C, Iowa
With no quarterback good enough to be reached for at this pick, Buffalo should keep on building an offense that can help any quarterback.
- New England Patriots (from Los Angeles Rams)- Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
Seems like another consensus pick here, and Miller would help protect Tom Brady.
- Carolina Panthers- Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
This would be a steal for Carolina at this point of the draft, and the Panther badly need a CB.
- Tennessee Titans- Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
The Titans need a pass rusher, and Evans would be a great pick at this spot.
- Atlanta Falcons- Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
Atlanta needs to get more athletic at the tight end position and Hurst helps out with that.
- New Orleans Saints- Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
New Orleans get a great pass rusher across from Cameron Jordan.
- Pittsburgh Steelers- Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
It’s uncertain if Pittsburgh will be able to retain Le’Veon Bell long term, so Michel can be the future franchise RB, be a really great backup RB if Bell signs a long term deal with Pittsburgh.
- Jacksonville Jaguars- Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
Jacksonville lost Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, so Sutton is a great pick here.
- Minnesota Vikings- Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
This isn’t a very great tackle class, but Minnesota gets a steal here.
- New England Patriots- Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
The Patriots get a franchise running back in Guice.
- Philadelphia Eagles- Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
Philadelphia gets a solid guard in Hernandez.